Willard Scott House
This is one of those buildings that everyone recognizes! A landmark red brick Italianate built in 1867, it has been home to generations of Naperville’s leading citizens from several families. Congressman Harris Fawell held meetings there to organize formation of Naperville’s school districts and the Naperville Park District.
Take a virtual tour below.
Congressman Harris Fawell committed to preserving and restoring this beautiful building so well that it still has its original front doors, and the 19th century autographs inside the rooftop cupola have all been carefully preserved.
As another successful example of adaptive reuse, the Willard Scott House is home to several law offices and two generations of Fawell attorneys. Current co-owner, Bob Heap, generously allowed Naperville Preservation to film the interior for our first video.